We specialise in investing in technology and technology-enabled service companies, with enterprise values of between £20 million and £3 billion. We offer a level of understanding, expertise and commercial drive you won’t find anywhere else.
Our experience means you can trust us to understand the unique challenge, support, know-how and understanding you need for business success.
Technology is our largest sector of investment. We focus on building a deep understanding of our sub-sectors including vertical market application software and data, regulatory software, fintech and internet infrastructure.
- Hg succeeds Waterland as investor in Combell Group
- Intelliflo: Scaling a strategic SaaS fintech champion
- Scaling Up: Why a new dawn of consolidation for SME IT suppliers is creating big business
Esendex provides a broad portfolio of high value business critical application-to-person messaging solutions to SMEs and corpor…
Within these sub-sectors we have invested in high-quality, market-leaders which have strong and defensible market positions, diverse customer bases, and which feature subscription-based business models generating predictable revenues and cash flows. With more than 20 technology companies in our portfolio we bring a unique set of networks and insight in to value creation to support our businesses.
Our services investments focus on companies with high levels of intellectual property, large fragmented customer bases, long-term and stable customer relationships, and businesses which provide business-critical services, preferably on a repeat or recurrent basis.
- Hg Invests in Orion Health Rhapsody and Population Health Businesses
- JLA is one of the UK’s leading providers of commercial laundry and catering equipment on a contracted basis
- Zenith is the largest independent vehicle leasing businesses in the UK
CogitalGroup is an international business services group focused on the provision of critical business support, BPO and advisory…
We target businesses with market leading positions within a niche, typically reflected by strong margins, and we aim to grow and scale these businesses, either organically within existing markets or through acquisitions.