Hg respects the privacy of online visitors to this site and recognises the importance of protecting your personal information that you may provide to Hg. This statement sets out Hg’s policy and principles regarding the use of information you provide when visiting this site.
Information we collect
The information that Hg collects includes:
- If you subscribe to Hg news and updates, your name, email address and place of work. This information will be used, with your consent, to send you news and other updates (including marketing material). If you would like to stop receiving this information, please contact us at the address in paragraph 12 below.
How we share your information
Hg may share personal information, provided by you, with third parties, including Hg group entities, subcontractors, agents and any person who will use such information in the course of providing services to you and for the purposes that we specify. Where a third party is used for these specified reasons, such third party vendors have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of information Hg shares with them.
In addition, we may share information with a potential buyer, transfer or merger partner or seller and their advisers in connection with any actual or potential transfer or merger of part or all of Hg’s business or assets, or any associated rights or interests, or to acquire a business or enter into a merger with it.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law, a regulator or in the course of legal proceedings.
Data protection laws provide you with various rights. In particular, subject to certain exemptions, you have a right to:
- Be removed from our marketing lists, or change your marketing preferences.
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent that such processing is based on consent) or otherwise object to our processing of your information.
- Ask that we delete or correct the information that we hold about you.
To exercise any of these rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your information, please contact us at the address below.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your information you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner. Her website is available at https://ico.org.uk
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity in accordance with our data retention policy or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement you enter into with us.