HgCapital, the leading European sector-focused private equity investor, today announces that Kai Romberg has joined the partnership at HgCapital. This decision recognises Kai’s strong performance, delivered since he joined HgCapital in 2004 as an Associate.
Kai has played an important role in many value-creating investments including SiTel, Addison, Visma, CSG, Achilles (which won the Fast Track Private Equity Deal of the Year Award in 2011), Lumesse, TeamSystem and Teufel.
In addition, HgCapital announces the following recent appointments of Associates across the TMT, Healthcare, Industrials, Renewable Energy and Portfolio Management teams:
- Hector Guinness – TMT team. Hector comes to us having spent three years working at Bain & Company in London and Mumbai, working on a range of private equity, M&A, strategy and organisation projects.
- Carlo Pohlhausen – TMT team. Based in HgCapital’s Munich office, Carlo arrives from McKinsey & Company where he worked in the financial institutions sector and corporate finance practice.
- Benedikt Kupczyk-Joeris – Industrials team. Having worked in the Investment Banking division of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he focused on M&A and corporate finance transactions in Germany advising clients across multi industries, Benedikt joins HgCapital’s Munich office.
- Paolo Mantero – Portfolio Management team. Paolo previously worked at Investitori Associati, an Italian private equity fund for three years, where he supported portfolio companies on strategic and organizational issues across a variety of sectors including retail, fashion, railways and chemicals.
- Annabelle Pluquet – Healthcare team. Annabelle joins from J.P. Morgan where she worked in the Investment Banking division, advising European clients on M&A and corporate finance transactions in the industrial and transportation space.
- Allister Sykes – Renewable Energy team. Allister has over four years of transaction services, tax and private equity experience. He is a chartered accountant who started his career at PwC where he provided M&A advice across the Energy and Infrastructure sectors.
- Benedikt Von Schoeler – Portfolio Management team. He joined HgCapital’s Munich office from Altium Capital, a boutique M&A advisory firm, where he focused on German mid-market transactions in the healthcare, services and consumer goods sectors.
This follows the announcement of a number of appointments to HgCapital’s Services sector team towards the end of 2011.
Nic Humphries, HgCapital’s Chief Executive, said: “We are delighted to announce Kai’s promotion given he has been an instrumental part of our team and helped deliver strong returns for our clients. The multiple hires we have made across our sector teams reflect our confidence in the future of the Firm and they demonstrate our commitment to attracting the best talent ensuring the business is well positioned as the best investor in the European mid-market.”