Internal communications experience in a global organisation
A passion for driving engagement and connection, a creative thinker and skilled writer
We’re looking for a talented individual to fulfil a critical role within Hg – to drive the creation and delivery of an internal communications strategy to inform and inspire employees, and to enable engagement and advocacy.
Hg is a leading software and services investor and one of the largest private equity firms in Europe.
Today we manage over $55 billion in total funds under management, comprising $25 billion of new investible capital, which puts Hg in the top three software-focused buyout firms globally.
This scale means that our team has grown from around 100 people in 2017 to a team of 300+ people across London, Munich, New York, Paris (opened 2022) and San Francisco (opened 2022).
This rapid growth, across multiple geographical locations, means that communications, culture, knowledge management is of increasing importance. We’re at an exciting stage of growth and it’s more important than ever that we encourage and facilitate cross-team collaboration, learning opportunities and social connections for staff.
The candidate will deliver regular, meaningful and consistent information about activity across the firm, they will understand and advise others on channel mix and engagement approaches to deliver compelling and motivating communications.
- Establish and deliver an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior stakeholders
- Drive change management as the firm continues to scale – help to enable engagement and ensure consistency of message
- Plan, edit, write and design both written and visual content for a variety of existing internal communication channels such as intranet, newsletters, All Staff emails, Town Halls, All Staff offsites etc.
- Proactively look for relevant news stories and draw out key themes as well as support organisational initiatives and land key messages in a variety of formats
- Work with HR to improve 2-way communication and feedback loops with staff, building inclusion, engagement and advocacy
- Partner with Team Heads and other colleagues on their own communications and help to publish on appropriate internal networks
- Track the impact of communications and measure content engagement across channels (measured by KPIs), explore insights and recommend improvements
Experience & Knowledge:
- Comparable internal communications experience in a global organisation (tech and/or finance firm preferred but ideally with knowledge of PE)
- Experience of designing and delivering effective communications programmes that produce tangible results or change
- Experience using SharePoint and tools for internal communications
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- A passion for driving engagement and connection
- A creative thinker and skilled writer with the ability to create standout communications that are accurate, accessible and engaging
- Excellent judgement and maturity to handle confidential information
- Gravitas to cultivate and manage relationships, advise and influence at all levels with a people-centred approach
- Excellent project and work planning skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyse engagement stats and create actionable insights
- Ability to create visually pleasing presentations and communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org