Visma has become a Founding Partner of #Shesgotthis – www.hunspanderer.com – an organisation aiming to reduce unconscious discrimination towards women in business, to improve social returns and enhance business performance.
Visma, a leading provider of mission-critical business software to SMBs in Northern Europe, recognises the challenge of gender imbalance in business and has joined the partnership to support diversity in the workplace. Through a holistic and research-based approach, #Shesgotthis helps companies to succeed in building gender balance, creating awareness of unconscious biases and behaviours. The organisation uses positive thinking, solution orientation and humour to help everybody take responsibility for their role in eliminating discrimination.
Visma believes that gender balance is important for recruitment, retaining talent, profitability and also competitiveness. Visma is one of ten Founding Partners and aims to be a conscious and proactive contributor in building gender balance.
The agreement includes local events hosted by #Shesgotthis at Visma. The first event took place June 6th at the HQ in Oslo and included inspirational talks by #Shesgotthis Founders – Marie Louise Sunde & Isabelle Ringnes; and Visma CEO Øystein Moan and CHRO Merete Hverven Bull. This was followed by group discussions from across the participants.
Visma’s further commitments to #Shesgotthis includes actions to:
- Popularise and make evidence-based research on diversity accessible to employees;
- Collect and present best practice measures;
- Establish research project on diversity together with Harvard University and CORE (Center for Research on Gender Equality at the Institute for Social Research at the University of Oslo);
- Establish universal indicators and benchmarking systems to measure diversity;
- Build an anonymised database on indicators and measures for further research.